Sunday, February 21, 2016

Savoring These Days

I have a new respect for moms with multiple kids that I didn't know I needed. Not that I disrespected them before but I clearly had no idea the magnitude of energy and thought that goes into a simple outing. I thought I understood them when I had one. Oh, the ignorance!

Can you tell that we ventured out of the house today? 


After we got home Josh said he was looking forward to when our children were older and we could go have a full meal at a cheap restaurant. I laughed in a defeated way. Wouldn't you?


Tomorrow my little man is 6 weeks old. His look is changing and I have been desperately trying to remember him in this moment because all too soon it is gone.

You think you'll remember the littleness, their breathing, and the weight on your chest as they sleep. You think their smell stays forever in your mind and the way they cuddle up and sleep on you forever is just a memory away. But the truth is you think you'll remember, but you don't. The passage of time and growth instinctively fade your memory. So for now, I savor every part of him, the big kind eyes, the scrunched face before the cry, the noisyness, the way his hair brushes my lips, and the way he unconsciously rests his arms under his head. I savor it all. 

2 comments:

  1. jj! I found your blog through IG. my little one is 5 weeks this week and this post made me cry just thinking about how fast mine is growing as well. I think I might just hold my baby all day now! loved reading your blog. nice to see how other mamas out there are raising their babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa! Congratulations to you and Michael on your newest addition. Are you surviving? Those first six weeks can be so tough. Don't worry if it is, it gets better soon! (it did for me anyway).

      I've always enjoyed your writing and thought process. Looking forward to reading your insight on this crazy, yet wonderful, journey into motherhood.

      Delete