Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Best. Week. Ever.


I swear yesterday between my two kids, someone was crying the entire day. Don't tell anyone but on Monday, Emerson and I never changed out of our pj's. It has been one of those weeks, I'll tell ya, where nothing is going right and I just felt like giving up on this whole thing called parenting. 

This morning we had MOPS and I was dreading going because ever since Landon has been here, Emerson has cried whenever we leave her anywhere. What once was a fun play time for her has turned into me being called to come get her, passing off Landon to someone until he needs to be fed, and then Emerson refusing to leave me. I'm usually up for trying things but nursing one and carrying the other is a physical impossibility - unless I gave her a piggy back. 😳 Can you imagine that?! Hah. The last meeting I just packed us all up early and took everyone home. 

This morning my fears were confirmed. Before we had even left the house Emerson was telling me she didn't want to go. I had already gone through my magic bag of mom tricks and none of them were working. She was clingy. Whiny. Sad. Upset. I pressed on because I knew this is good for her. She needed this as much as I needed the break. 

As we were driving she told me she was scared. She was scared of being without me. My mama heart broke and we parked. I told her we should pray and ask Jesus to take from her this feeling and replace it with comfort. I asked her if we could pray instead that her time at MOPS would be fun. She nodded yes and we prayed together. 

She cried a little when I dropped her off but when I picked her up she was laughing and running all around. I gave her a big hug and asked her if Jesus had answered our prayers. Guys, she looked at me with the most incredible face and said quite emphatically, "yes mommy". 

My heart soared. 

In a week full of frustration and exhaustion, God gave me this moment. I'll never forget it because it was the first time her and I asked Jesus for help, she understood what we were doing, and he answered her prayer.

Best. Week. Ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment