Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Big Announcement in the First Grade

My mom is a 1st grade teacher in Los Angeles. Every week she sends out a newsletter updating her parents on homework, spelling words, the week's curriculum, and so on. This is what she sent home this week.

Your childrens’ insect projects were so fabulous.  Each shared in an excited way. We learned new facts from the reports.  Our room is getting crowded.
As many of you know my younger daughter’s wedding is this Sunday.  My sisters, brother, mom, and sister in law are all traveling from Tennessee and Mississippi.I will not be at school on Thurs. and Fri. of this week or Mon.of next  week. I have a good sub.
 A funny story.....
A lot of people down south get married at a young age.  Many of them from small towns have only dated the person they marry.  My sister married when she was 19, and my last nephew (I have 9) that married in Oct. was 20 and his wife 19.  My daughter is 29.  My sister said she should have put her wedding invitation on an ARRP Card!  To my daughter, Julianna, all she cares about is that she’s marrying the man of her dreams!!  
Such as it should be.
Mrs.M. (The mother of the bride)

So precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment