Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's Go Time

Tomorrow is the big day! But this weekend has already been so full.

Mom hosted a panty party on Friday morning. Even though it was for me mom used it as a way of thanking all the women in our lives who have walked alongside me during life. We ended in a time of prayer that was so powerful and moving. These ladies, many of whom have been married 20 - 30+ years praying over me wisdom, faithfulness and love to Josh, peace in the move, protection as we leave, for our ministry together, and my service to him as a wife.

Then Josh flew in early. =) Bonus surprise! I want him to be part of all the excitement, it is for him after all.

Friday night we had a grand celebration over a simple italian dinner. My aunties and uncle from Mississippi are so excited and happy to be here. I cherish them more than they know.

This morning we had our rehearsal. It ran smoothly. Today was easy because we have such great people helping. Christina on the decor, Lori running the show, Alan testing everything, and Josh by my side. Afterwards we headed over to the Culver Hotel for a brunch. Not sure if the food was so good because I was hungry, or if it really was THAT good. Yum! But it would be an injustice to just speak of the food when the time was so special. Kelvin and Dad were amazing. They spoke about our heritage in Christ and how even our great grandmothers have been praying for us. People just shared after that, Sheldon - Mr. Pastor (in my opinion), witty, heartfelt, and dramatic. Josh's Jichan talking about welcoming me in - since their family is already "all mixed up" haha, Kelvin's sister, Kerri, for embracing me and telling me that it's now Auntie Kerri. Melissa, Alan, Gary, Leah, Marshall, Uncle Al, Bachan, Grandpa and Grandma Shiroma, and Blane for their amazing words. I cried the entire time.

Josh and I are so blessed to have people like these in our lives. It's been so great and we haven't even had the wedding yet! I'm off for a few weeks and when I come back I'll be married to the most amazing man. I'll catch you up when we get back. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment