Monday, May 16, 2011

A Weekend to Remember

I'm not the "let's go out and party all night" type of bachelorette girl. So when the girls suggested we just head to La Jolla for a few days to relax I was in. =) Perfect substitute for this party girl.  I warn you it may seem that all we did was eat and drink, but that's because that is pretty much what we did. Fatty's!

When we got to Melissa's I was forced to wear two sash thingys and a lei that I wouldn't let ANYONE see the contents of. I knew right away this weekend wasn't going to be a typical girls weekend away. I should have known.
The lei and the trepidation I felt wondering if the crazies expected me to wear this in public!
Miss Big Fun arrived with gifts that had homemade tags with a picture of my face on it. Scary! Some of the gifts were fun and some were...well, I'll let the wrapping do the talking.
Did I mention there were 15 gifts in all? 
First stop
I took everything off but the girls made me wear the sash. Good thing too, the waiter saw we were celebrating and brought over a little something to toast with. Let the last single ladies weekend begin!
Saturday the girls surprised me with an amazing spa experience. 5 hours later we left this little gem having had manis, pedis, facials with microdermabrasion, an hour body massage, back exfoliation and body wrap. Not to mention the mimosa welcome. 
Using gift #6 - A studded glass with my new last name. 
 
Eating, again. So good.
Bachelorette tattoos.
The Kate and Pippa remake. Yes that's a light up button.
 Me and Miss. Big Fun herself
The girls found the best sushi restaurant I have ever been to. Yup, I went that far. Sushi Ota's. I ate so much food I could barely breath. So much for watching the calorie intake before the wedding. But oh it was worth it. =)
Yup, more food.
Me and Miss. Paparazzi
Since our bridal weekend just happened to correspond with the one weekend that 3 bridal movies were coming out we had to indulge. Saw Bridesmaids and Something Borrowed. Also got our workout on and hung out poolside at the incredible hotel we stayed in. Late nights, new experiences, great restaurants, lots of laughs, deep talks, a little bit of bedtime singing, and one intense drive to LA summed up an incredible time with incredible people. 

Dear Paparazzi, Pippa, and Big Fun, you guys sure do know how to make a girl feel special. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment