Tuesday, August 2, 2011

And The Winner Is...

BM Kensington 840
We initially liked the one on the left but after staring at it for a while we began leaning towards the one on the right. Thanks for all your votes. It totally helped!
 I was able to pick up the paint and a whole bunch of painting stuff. Did you know that there's a certain way to roll the paint on? I had no idea. After hearing tips from three different ACE employees, I was finally encourage to just google it. Hm. Okay. I did just that and learned there's tons of info about painting on the internet as well. Honestly, it's just one wall in one apartment. I watched one video and read one article but that was the extent of it. Josh edged the wall and I began to paint.

Here's our finished wall. I know we could have brushed it on better but oh well. Hopefully once it dries the lines will disappear a bit. Overall, I think I like it. =) I'm excited to have completed our first home project together. I'm looking forward to putting pictures up and finding great bedside tables. 
Painting Tips for Novices:
1. Make sure you get the green tape - or something like it. Almost forgot. Can't imagine what those edges would look like.
2. Read up on it, then buy things. I did the opposite, novice!
3. Find out if you need primer or should buy paint with primer already in it.
4. Make sure you buy the right roll on brush. There were 3 different options. We should have bought one a bit more able to get into the wall crevices.
5. Buy a package of cheap brushes (like $1.99) They are awesome.
6. Buy more paint than you think you need. We struggled to close it out because I didn't measure the wall beforehand. Ooops!
7. Paint with someone. Turns an average thing into a new memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment