Friday, October 7, 2011

Not A Better Beginning

Josh surprised me with a birthday dinner in the city! I was shocked because usually I know about stuff like that. You can imagine how excited I was when we pulled up next to Nopa. You may have remembered, they were #1 on my places to eat in SF. I ruled them out because I had been trying to get a reservation and wasn't able to. I found out that my BIL pulled his food network card and got us a reservation! I felt like royalty! When we walked up to the front desk the lady looked at me and said, "Happy Birthday". I felt so special. 

We sat on the balcony and had a great view of the restaurant. It was perfect because we were able to spy on all the other tables to see what they ordered. 
The right
 The left
 To start, warm goat cheese, flavor bright plums and crostini. Oh man the combo was tdf.
 My entree's side - grilled figs, peppers, frisée and mustard seed vinaigrette to accompany...
.. a pork chop! That's right! Feeling a little edgy and ordered me some pork! Yee haw. I guess it was good. haha Josh said it was the best pork chop he's ever tasted. He ordered the burger. Apparently it tasted "beefier". Not sure what that means or why that's such a good thing. :p
 At the end of the night our waiter came up with our receipt and said that someone had anonymously paid for our meal. We were shocked. No one has ever done that for us before. I immediately assumed it was Aimee but I was wrong. Apparently it was my Bil! Bil's kinda like his dad. Stingy to a fault but super generous to those he loves. I guess that means I'm "IN". That deserves another Yee haw. Maybe another one. Yee haw!

And to top off the night, here's Josh giving his leftovers to "Joe" (well, that's what his homemade nametag said).  Isn't he amazing?

It was a great night. SF was crisp and bustling. The food was amazing. The company great. And the special touches from Bil made the night one I will never forget. I couldn't have asked for a better beginning. 30's, let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment