Monday, November 14, 2011

Home, _________, Home

Did you know that I do not enjoy going home? That probably shocks you since we're there so often. But truthfully the grind has compromised my joy. I already know I'm a terrible traveler but two more things make the weekend trips to L.A. hard. The first, not having our own place and sometimes our own car (always relying on our families and imposing on them is a toughie for me). And second, not getting the quality when you're stressing the quantity.

BUT Josh hadn't seen his friends in a long while and there was a home game calling his name. Unexpectedly, this weekend was the first one in a long time that I enjoyed being in LA. Josh thinks this trip was good was because we didn't have to do anything and got to spend quality time with the people we cherish the most.

Us at the game. Don't be shocked that I'm in Trojan colors. As my friend Jayna so poignantly mentioned after the game, "j!!!!! you have indeed been converted. :)" Yup! I said it in my vows and I'm sticking to it. =)
I don't have a picture of him playing poker with his friends since I wasn't there. This is an old one. But trust me, I'm sure it looked the same on Saturday too. And while he was doing this...
 ...Melissa and I were grabbing dessert from Brian's Shave Ice! It was so good. Almost just like the real stuff from the island. Have you had it before? Melissa got pineapple Dole whip on the inside of hers. I got green tea and we both got condensed milk on top. Yum Yum. You should go if you haven't been.
Luke, Kylie, mom and dad, mom and dad, Melissa, Lauren, Barb, Timothy, Andrew, Dani, Warren, Sheldon, Marshall, Scott, Sam, Dave, Linda, Mike, A, and Auntie Ruth - thanks for reminding me that home really is where my heart is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment