Sunday, November 27, 2011

USC v UCLA

Two years ago this was me with my family before heading to the USC v UCLA game at the Coliseum. 
This was me two years later - at today's rivalry game.
Some of you may scoff at my change in allegiance. But to tell you the truth, I don't feel guilty. I didn't go to UCLA, my sister did. I rooted for UCLA because my dad did. And by "rooted" I mean I couldn't name any of the players, tell you their AP standing, or recite their record. 

Besides it's hard not to root for a team that has this guy on it's side.
Because of this die hard fan, I know more about USC football than I ever did about football in general. Not only am I familiar with the players, but I've also learned about the game, what Kiffin's go-to plays are, who the other coaches are, what recruits are being offered scholarships, and the historical significance of the Trojan football program.

If there's one thing people know about Josh it's that he is quietly persistent in a way that isn't quite naggy but incredibly convincing. He just wears you down. =) And besides, you can't be married to this man and not root for his team. He's not a normal fan - he's a real fan. 
I was excited tonight when USC dominated UCLA not only because it made Josh happy but because I've grown attached to the program. Yes, I'm one of those wives who roots for her husband's team, and proud of it. Go Trojans.

No comments:

Post a Comment