Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Few Things and then the Most Embarrassing Thing

There was a lot of computer action going on this weekend. I got to join the girls in singing happy birthday to Melissa and I saw Kylie perform at the Olympics of hula competitions, Merrie Monarch. 

Everything was going all right until the most embarrassing thing happened. Sunday after church Josh and I moseyed over to a new apartment complex near ours. We wanted to check out the new digs, browse the model units, and run a few comparables. This is the entrance to the leasing office. 
Well, we walked into the small lobby and waited while the staff helped others. When a leasing agent was free, we told him we were just curious about the new place. He happily obliged our curiosity and set out to take us on the short tour of the new complex. I was putting my phone in my purse as we walked towards the door in the above photo when I SMACK RAN DIRECTLY INTO THE WINDOW TO THE RIGHT OF THE DOOR!! The noise was horrendously loud because I was paced to catch up to the leasing agent who was moving full steam ahead. Everyone in the lobby looked at me like, "did that girl just walk into that window!?!" I looked at Josh and he was also looking at me with a horrified, "did you really just walk into that window!?!" I glanced at all the people in the leasing office, mumbled my apologies, and made a beeline outside through the ACTUAL door. :/ 

Once outside my forehead immediately began to throb. The leasing agent paused and asked me somewhat hesitantly if I had walked into the window (as if he didn't know). I tried to muster all my coolness and, while rubbing my head, mentioned that maybe those windows shouldn't be so clean and then added an embarrassed chuckle while trying to move us away from the eyes of the leasing office. The rest of the tour I had one hand on my forehead and the other in front of me (like a blind person holding their walking stick). Geez, I am a piece of work.

Anyways, moral of the story - watch closely for floor to ceiling windows in brand new leasing offices that are spotless and impeccably clear. They are out to get you.  

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's a sign that you're meant to be living in LA, not SJ. Even the door is trying to tell ya something. hehehe jk :) hope you are ok and at least it didn't leave a forehead mark on the glass!

    ReplyDelete