Tuesday, April 3, 2012


Spent some time at Stanford hospital yesterday. These pictures are from the entrance.

Trying to get some answers on my back and a few other things. Aimee was telling me that her old college roommate called. Apparently her husband (they were married a week before Josh and I), experienced two herniated disc's last November and two weeks ago had surgery to fuse his spine. I guess he couldn't take it anymore.

For us, surgery is the last option. I am improving everyday but it is just taking so dang long. I can sit for longer periods of time now - like a few hours max if I need to. I am walking a few miles five days a week and I think that helps. (I was telling Josh that when I walk it's me, a bunch of pregnant women, and a bunch of mom's with their toddlers. Ack - so embarrassing. Sometimes I'm tempted to shout "I have a back problem!" into the air so people don't look at me like I'm crazy :p). I can get in and out of bed without feeling like the darn thing is going to slip out but I still cannot drive or workout.

I think I have gotten all I can from the chiropractor and, on the advice of my mother and Grandma K, I am branching out to other things. I'm scheduled to have an MRI of my spine to see if it has been healing correctly and we'll go from there.

So that's that.

On a more exciting note - Boo is halfway here! weeeeeee! That beautiful little bump signifies so much goodness. =) His mercies are new everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment