Monday, April 2, 2012

The past few weeks have been a series of minor disappointments. I can't help but think of the disappointments Jesus must have felt the week leading up to his crucifixion. Judas' betrayal, Peter's denials, the chief priests and elders who plotted his death, the crowds he spent time with who turned their backs on him, Pilate who didn't stop it, and his plea to his Father to save him from his coming death.

On Sunday we celebrate his resurrection. I was reminded that Jesus needed those disappointments in order to give the gift of eternal life. What a necessary feat for an unparalleled end!

May my disappointments be to His glory and my growth.

"Then...with my tunic and cloak torn, I fell on my knees with my hands spread out to the Lord my God and prayed.." Ezra 9:5

No comments:

Post a Comment