Monday, August 20, 2012

The Two Hand Countdown

Folks, we are officially less than two hands away from meeting the wee one. 9 days! Only 9 days!

The soon-to-be parents have finished the baby room, installed the car seat, and packed the overnight bag. Everyone is on high alert. It's a fun and exciting time for all of us outsiders. Blane can't seem to make a phone call without the person thinking it is "the call" (myself included), his parents have stopped by their house every single day for this reason or that, and it's baby talk all the time.

But I don't feel bad for them. It's tough when so many people care so much. :p

I'm praying that this little one holds off his debut until I'm in town. I would just be so sad if I missed it. This moment is coming when the dreams of a family Aimee and I so often talked about actually happens. I have rooted for her from my inner most my whole life, as if she was an extension of me. And now the most amazing thing is happening for her. And I wouldn't want to miss it.

But then babies aren't on our timetables are they? :)

9 days.

9 days.

I can't wait.

1 comment: