Monday, December 22, 2014

"Be Yourself J"


I've been wrestling a lot lately with whether or not I've been living an authentic life. By authentic I mean well, being me, and not trying to fit into what I think a perfect wife, perfect mother, perfect daughter-in-law, perfect friend, perfect daughter, perfect _________ is.

Truth is, I didn't realize I wasn't being me until a few weeks ago when someone said something to me, that clicked with something someone else mentioned a few months back, which coincided with something I heard a few months before that. God is funny how he builds the story until He decides it is time to reveal it to you. 

But I am convinced the only way to follow God is by being who he created me to be. Flaws and all. I was sharing this with Josh the other week and after listening to my whole diatribe he simply said, "Be yourself J." I then reminded him that myself is clumsy - I say things I shouldn't, respond inappropriately, make mistakes. He said it again, "Be yourself J". This man, he gives me wings so I can fly. 


Not going to lie, I'm afraid of what that means or where God will take me. But, isn't being our authentic selves just saying that we trust that God knew what He was doing when He created us? I know that I will not be as effective (or fulfilled even) for Him if I am not fully being who he made me to be. 

And that is my life revelation for 2014.

What is God teaching you?

No comments:

Post a Comment