Tuesday, December 9, 2014

New Mom Gift Guide: You're Like, Really Pretty.

Josh and I were talking yesterday about how exciting this Christmas is since we have the little at this age. Not only going through the season with her but also we are at a point where we can truly enjoy it. She's sleeping through the night, taking naps during the day, and her eating has settled into a predictable pattern. 

My heart went out to all the new moms out there with tiny babies. I know Christmas will still be super special but when you're dealing with feedings every three hours there's still that tiny matter of exhaustion at hand. 

Then I saw this gift guide for new moms and I thought, would new moms out there truly want a cheesy doormat? 

Here's what I'd buy:

Two head massages. One for her and one for a friend. Or a hair cut + color combo. Ayai!

A gift card to her favorite clothing store and a few hours with the baby so she can actually shop solo.

A subscription to Blue Apron. Incredible recipes with fresh ingredients delivered to your door? Yes, please. Anything to take out the guess work and the leg work.


A maid. Housework always ends up on the bottom of the priority list and when you finally have time to do it, you are too exhausted. 

And the most amazing gift you could possibly give a new mom, sleep. During our first six weeks, my mother in law would come over at night and stay up with the baby while I slept. The best gift I have ever been given.

Oh! and one for the mom's with older kids. Just because this is too awesome to leave out. :) Personalized gold necklaces, drawn by your very own little.

What would be on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment