Monday, December 1, 2014

DECEMBER

My one day diet hiatus has turned into four. -_-


GUYS, did you miss it? Today was the first day of DECEMBER. DECEMBER!

I reminded everyone I saw today that it was December. My neighbors. The guy changing out the garbage bins downstairs. Psst, it's the first day of December! The waiter at the restaurant, my dad, the Santa at South Coast Plaza. No one was safe from my fervor.

We have three advents. No, this is not over doing it. :) One for the baby, one from a family friend, and one from the bible app. In my excitement, I jumped the gun and did the baby's advent first thing...without Josh. Whoops. Tomorrow I wait. But then Josh came home from work and I read the cutsie one and he read the real one.

The cutsie one. Yes, those are my socks back there. 

Josh found his advent from his bible app, one by Greg Laurie. This brought it home for me.

Yet, when he finally arrived, so many missed it: The innkeeper. The people of Bethlehem. The scholars. Herod. All of Rome... Jesus is coming back to this earth again. The question is, have we done more to prepare for the celebration of a past even than we have for a future one? We may all be ready for Christmas, but are we ready for the return of Christ? 

And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming.  1 John 2:28

Welcome to December.

No comments:

Post a Comment