Friday, August 28, 2015

A Gold Medal In My Book

Our first gymnastics class was wonderful. The entire gym was reserved for our little group and the instructor, Teacher Ryan, was a natural with the kids. 

My little girl is always clingy and timid when trying something new and meeting people so I knew the first class might be rough but she did so well. Ryan gave everyone ten minutes to explore the gym on our own before starting the class and that really helped Emerson to first adjust to the room and then adjust to the other kids.

That's when I snapped this pic.


We sang songs, did a little obstacle course, jumped on the trampoline, and swung on the rings. She didn't like trying the rings with Ryan but once the group had moved on she was all about it.

By the end she even wanted to go in the soft block pit - which is unusual for my lady who is physically cautious.

Everyone got stamps at the end of class and Emerson loved them. The rest of the day she went about saying "stamps stamps stamps" over and over again. And when I asked her if we could go again she shook her head adamantly in affirmation while saying "yes".

My girl. Holding my hand but looking ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment