Thursday, August 27, 2015

So This Is The Burbs


This past week I've been going for evening walks. Now that my back is up to it and the first trimester is behind us, Josh encouraged me to get out. They have been wonderful, especially since we are surrounded by so many beautiful walking paths. The first night I willed myself to not look at my phone and spent the 40 minutes praying for whoever and whatever came to mind. There's a good chance you made those prayers. =)

Also what was shocking were the sheer number of people out at 7pm. It was as if the area came alive! I'm never out past 6:30 because Emerson is sleeping, if not well on her way to it, so I had no idea about this evening culture. 

Kids were all over the playground. People were bbq'ing. AYSO was happening.

Groups of children/pre-teens/teens were working out together. And parents had their portable chairs out and were talking with one another.

I told Josh when I got home about this world happening all around us. (Of course, he already knew because he runs regularly.) But my brain got ticking about all the things Emerson could eventually be involved in. They weren't kidding when they said this was a great place to raise kids.

I hate to say it but the burbs may be winning me over.

Gymnastics tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment