Sunday, November 11, 2018

Last week I had dinner with a dear friend. While we were eating I shared some fears I've been having about this pregnancy. At the end of our time together she asked if she could pray for me. So we sat in my car in a dark parking lot behind the restaurant and she prayed. But it wasn't a prayer really. It was more a plea, a covering, a denouncement. She prayed over this baby, over me carrying this baby. Then she moved on to my husband, my daughter, my son praying about very specific things. We didn't talk about them during dinner but unbeknownst to her, what she prayed were my exact fears and concerns for each one of them. The memory will forever be etched in my heart.

I share this very personal and meaningful time with you as an encouragement. We all need to have a prayer warrior in our inner circle, someone who will go to bat for us at the throne of glory. If you don't have one, I encourage you to seek one out. If you've never prayed before, find someone who has and ask them about it. If you are surrounded by church friends but don't have someone to pray with, then take that initial step of faith, and ask someone to pray with you.

God will meet you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment