Saturday, November 10, 2018

Pool House Update

We emailed out our new address. Even though we aren't living there yet, we can receive mail so if you didn't get an email from me, send me a msg! 



This week they are finishing up the drywall, installing the interior doors, and prepping the exterior for the board and batten. 

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel in the attic. We decided to do carpet up here so it's really comfortable for the kids. I'm thankful Josh had the foresight to make sure the space was insulated, installed with air ducts, and lit properly so it could potentially be a great play space for the kids. And maybe as they grow older, a sweet spot to watch movies and have sleepovers. 


Our Architect prefers modern and I prefer more of a blend so one of the hard things is not really having the same vision for the house. Like our interior doors. I wanted two panel shaker, he recommended something else that was more streamlined and much more expensive. After much searching, Josh found our doors at a much cheaper price point at Home Depot and they are exactly what I wanted. This week they are being hung but soon they'll take them out again to paint. When they get put back in permanently they'll have black matte hinges and black matte door handles.

Once the drywall is completely finished, they'll install the floors. Guys, the floors were delivered last week and I'm dying to see them. I can't wait! Also, we finally ordered our IKEA kitchen and that is being delivered on Wednesday. We decided to buy Semi Handmade cabinet fronts to make the kitchen more high end while still staying within budget. I'm hoping that makes a big difference too. I'm still going back and forth between an all white kitchen and a two toned cabinet (white on top, different color on the bottom) kitchen.

They were supposed to start the bathroom tile this past week but it's been pushed till next week.

I'll do a Splurge and Save post when this all wraps up, but one place we splurged were the floors, the exterior door, and the large sliding glass door. We saved on the windows, the kitchen, and the interior doors. The bathrooms are still TBD because we are still searching for vanities and mirrors. I'll also do a Choices I Regret and Ones That I Love post too but I already know that one miss for me was not putting in pocket doors to the master bathroom and the master closet since the room is so small. And not having the money to add the roof over the deck.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment