Monday, May 6, 2013

Good Doing Good

Josh and I went to the Freedom House Gala this weekend. Fancy and huge! MPPC bought a few tables so we were some of the lucky ones who weren't on the wait list.

Freedom House is a nonprofit that houses girls who have been victims of human trafficking. They run one house in south San Francisco and are looking to open another one in Santa Clara county for minors.

The evening was quite an experience. I met Francis Chan. He was one table away from me and I couldn't help myself. I decided to be more like Blane, less like me, and went over to talk to him. There was a performance by Mickey Cho that far exceeded my expectation. What, an asian hip hop artist? He defied logic. There was a moving testimony from a graduate of the home, a word from the founder, and a live auctioneer. Watching the auction was exciting. Someone at my table spent $4000.00 on a Paella dinner for 50!

The (not so) silent auction and cocktail hour


Ack, he is just so gosh darn handsome. My arm candy =)

One of the auctioneers is there standing in the back with the tux on. I'll tell you right now, 283 didn't get used. Sorry Freedom House, but it was out of our league!

Good people doing good things in a good way = an all around good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment