Monday, April 28, 2014

A 180 ... Or Maybe a 90.

Caught a smile..kind of.
This past Saturday marked 6 weeks for the little one. Yay!

I was highly anticipating the date since every baby book, pediatrician, and baby blog use 6 weeks as the marker for change. What change you ask? I can't describe it - but a definite change. I woke up Saturday and resolutely told Josh that today was the day I was going to experience a 180 in this parenting thing.

He asked me to temper my hope. :p

And while I can't say we've had a 180 I can say that I'm seeing small improvements in our quality of life. For example, Sunday night I cleaned the bathroom for the first time in 6 weeks. (I know, that is so gross!) But I just couldn't find it in me to do it. And that's coming from someone who doesn't even let her parents come over without picking up the house.

Last week it all came to a head and by Thursday my body shut down. My mom came over to check on me in the morning and I was feeling so sick she ended up canceling the rest of her day and staying with the baby. I slept for 6 hours - with a vague recollection of a feeding or two in there - and then felt better. I haven't slept six hours since the days of the second trimester. After that Josh and I decided to change our schedule a bit to something more manageable. A little less pumping and a bit more of a relaxed schedule. Because of that  Josh and I made it out of the house this past weekend to a simple picnic in the park. And really, that little outing did wonders for my countenance.

So maybe it hasn't been a complete 180 - but certainly at least a 90 degree turn. Point is, I am feeling a bit more like me again. Phew!

Happy Monday friends. Hope you've had a 180, or at least a 90, if you needed it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment