Tuesday, April 8, 2014

No Really, We CAN Do It.

Waiting room at the pediatricians

Yesterday didn't got quite as planned. I've learned the Lady likes to do what she wants, when she wants and we just have to go with the flow. When she woke up I noticed there was some blood in her spit up. As the morning continued, so did the blood so I began to track it. By 11am she was spitting up blood every time she would throw up (which is a lot at the moment). So I texted Josh and he asked I call the doctor's office to be on the safe side. I was expecting the nurse to tell me that it was common and to call back in 24 hours should it continue but she asked that we come in to see a doctor instead. WHAT. A mild alarm went off in my head but I remained calm.

I haven't driven since the c-section and although I probably could I was slightly concerned about carrying the car seat and getting it in and out of the car. Thankfully my Mil came to the rescue and took Emerson and I to the pediatricians.

The doctor poked and prodded. She's fine. No blood in her stool, seems healthy, responds correctly. Yay! Doc said it was probably blood from my poor nipples that she is digesting and regurgitating. Sounds gross and well, it is, but I'm thankful she is okay. So was my husband who WOULD have to worry about this his first day back at work. Ironic, no? Oh Lady...

So this brings me to why it's 3:21am and I'm up pumping and talking with you. One positive of going to the doctors today was having a weight check. She's a bit behind since our last appointment so it's back to the nighttime routine for me.

When she hits birth weight I will order a whole Susie Cakes Famous Southern Red Velvet to myself! Okay, probably not. :p Even though it was an eventful day, I will say the upside was realizing that I can do this - even with the curveball.

Have a fancy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment