Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Privileged Burden

When we were up north visiting Josh's grandparents during Christmas I had a moment to myself one morning. Grandpa Mike had his devotionals sitting near the dining table so I grabbed one and flipped it open to a random page and started reading.

One chapter titled, "Early Mornings At The Manse - How A Father Fights For His Faith And His Family" nailed me from the inside. It is the author's morning prayer for his family.  As I read it the weight of those words convicted me. I have been convicted to pray for my husband and my daughter with a fervor I have not exhibited before. God tells us to pour out our hearts to him and he will give us those desires. Who else wants more for them than I? No one. Who else can pray as a wife for her husband and a mother for her daughter? No one.

A portion of that prayer:

I was wondering the other day about people who pray for you. I mean, REALLY pray for you. In an intimate and committed way. Probably not many right? And so I know that the burden of laying Josh and Emerson at the throne of Grace is on me. A privileged burden.

No comments:

Post a Comment