Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Sovereignty of God

This past week Josh and I believe that God has affirmed our decision to move to Santa Clarita. While the money has already been turned over and the papers signed, in the back of my mind I still wasn't sure. When there are so many options before you it is hard to decipher what to prioritize. And when you have children the decisions you make for your family become even weightier.

And here's the thing, God used many different avenues to speak to us. For me it was someone who spoke to me at church and for Josh it was financial. Not a coincidence that the big guy was speaking to us in our own areas of worry.

Trust in me!

"One reason [biblical] doctrine is so precious to believers is that we know that God's great desire is to show mercy and kindness to those who trust him. "I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them; and I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good...with all my heart and all my soul" (Jeremiah 32:40-41). God's sovereignty means that this design for us cannot be frustrated. Nothing, absolutely nothing, befalls those who love God and are called according to his purpose, except what is for our deepest and highest good" (Romans 8:28; Psalm 84:11) [excerpt from Taste and See, John Piper]

I do not know what decisions are before you today, but before you make it, I encourage you to lift it up to God. Let Him guide your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment