Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Rootin and Tootin

6 days out from her first birthday, my daughter takes her first solo steps.

I was in the kitchen getting her dinner ready doing the whole one eye on the food, one eye on her thing. She was standing in the living room gnawing on a wooden duck and, as if it was no big deal, took two steps forward, then three more. Then she slowly lowered herself to her knees and continued about her play as if it was all nothing.

Then for the next thirty minutes all the food prep was forgotten as I tried to get her to do it again on video. To no avail of course. Last night I backed up my phone, deleted all my videos and photos. I was determined to get it on video today.

Well, how many videos did I attempt today? Too many. And the one time she walked to me I didn't have my phone handy. Figures. But four little steps to mama. Four tentative but confident steps - the moment forever engrained in my head. It was beautiful. You root for your kid so hard and when they get something you can't help but celebrate. That's why I get the moms who are always toot'in on facebook about their child's accomplishments. Toot away moms. I'm root'in for your kid too.


No comments:

Post a Comment