Monday, December 10, 2018

Need For Jesus

I haven't been feeling well lately so I went in to see my ob this morning. Nothing too terrible (no alarms) but he has put me on bed rest for a few days. I'm hopeful this is a simple days solution and nothing more.

But I also know I've got a hundred presents to find, buy, wrap, and distribute. And at this new pace of doing nothing I won't be able to get it all done. Even if I am back on my feet soon the reality is I need to slow down so a little symptom doesn't turn into a bigger problem for this baby girl.

I don't want to let people down.
I don't want to be given a gift where I am unable to give a gift in return.
I don't want to be a burden to those around me.
I don't want to miss anything.

While I was mulling all this on the way home from the doctors appointment, I read this.

This season was never meant for us to celebrate all that we've got, but instead was designed for us to celebrate our NEED for Jesus and His grace in coming. - Jess Connolly

Boy, do I ever feel the need for Jesus right now.

We just need to hear it like a whisper in the midst of all the noise:
What was intended to tear you apart - God intends to set you apart. 
What has torn you - God makes a thin place to see your glory.
The places where you're torn to pieces can be thin places where you touch the 'peace of God.'
- Ann Voskamp

No comments:

Post a Comment