Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Pool House

Now that we are in the finishes part of the house I'll have more updates. This week they are installing the kitchen and painting another interior coat. The tile work in the bathrooms has finished too. Yahoo!

I'm liking this view from the hallway into Landons room.

If you follow me for house updates on Instagram, you know we have been picking paint for the interior and exterior. A somewhat mind boggling task. This week we need to pick the color for the kitchen cabinets. I'm pretty set on a two toned kitchen, white upper cabinets, and light grey bottom cabinets. I don't know if this is true but because the space is small I don't want the uppers to appear bulky and am hoping they more blend in with the walls. And since the house is so so white, I thought a little color would be nice.

The problem we face is picking the right grey. Which there are thousands it seems. I should really title all this, "The House That Instagram Built" but I think Diane Keaton might take issue with that. :p Here are our samples pulled directly from pictures I've seen on Insta.


This is the main photo inspiration for the grey. And it's actually the bottom left swatch in the picture above. Much darker in person don't you think? Thank you Instagram and all your overexposed photos.


We saved money on the kitchen (and I use that word lightly because we still had to pay for it) by going with an Ikea kitchen and using Semihandmade fronts. I'm hopeful it doesn't overwhelm the living/kitchen area and still leaves the space feeling open.

No comments:

Post a Comment