Saturday, December 29, 2018

A Look Back



I can't believe it, I made good on my resolutions from last year! Unbelievable. Maybe I should set the bar low every year. hah.

In looking back on old posts I'm reminded of the year we've had. It's often easy for me to forget all that has happened. Mostly, our announcement at the end of last year that we were moving home and the domino effect that followed. It was our most chaotic year to date but one filled with growth and love.

Parenting continued to be a learning curve for me, but the highs were so high, E asking Jesus to come into her heart, and the lows so traumatic. I think also me realizing who Emerson is, and coming alongside her heart and her desires ( i.e. letting mine go), and embracing her has made our relationship easier and my love easier as well.

Another parenting learning curve was school -  Josh researching schools in LA, applying, and E's transition to a "real" school. And me finding who I am in all that and being ok with it.

Losing people we love.

My health always demands something. At the beginning of the year it was the frozen shoulder surgery and rehab and towards the end of the year announcing we were having another baby.

Selling our house, moving, and the most unexpected blessing of our time in Valencia. Spending the summer in the Green House. Living with my parents.

Things I don't talk about, Josh and I both began serving at church and I already see the personal fruits of that labor, for Josh personally and for our family. And for me, my daily walk with God has been encouraged and guided by an Instagram community I've stumbled on of Godly women and mothers.

Lastly, and certainly all consuming, building a house.

Amidst all the change, Jesus has been our constant. What grace! What a love! As in every new year, may you grow closer to Jesus and discover His deep love for you.

Friends, thank you for following along with me on this journey. You, my sounding boards, my diary, my community. You are a gift to me.

See you in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment