Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Taste of the City

This weekend we went into the city and tried Frances, one of the restaurants on our list. The menu is new every night and is based on what is fresh from the local farms and farmers markets. It is impossible to get a reservation but yelp said there were ten bar seats up for grabs. We took our chances. We ended up waiting twenty minutes. Score.

From the outside looking in.
It was a tiny place. The bar seating was to the left. Not a bar really, more called that because they used stools. You know what was odd? The people were so nice. Just uncommonly nice. Is that how it is in San Fran? I'm used to hostesses with a mentality that you owe them something to get your name on the list. Here the people could not be more gracious. Made the evening that much better. And the conversation from my date could not have been more engaging. I'm so lucky.
The food was simple and delicious. Josh had a perfectly seasoned and cooked duck. Even I had a second bite. I had yummy fish. We took our time and enjoyed the night. A beautiful evening. 
I would live in SF. I'm intrigued by its culture and fascinated by the creativity. Things are well done, the air always fresh, and the houses incredible. I was grateful for unrushed time with Josh and the chance to explore and experience a new city. Thanks for a great night SF. You're a pretty cool kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment