Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Vultures Are Out!

It's the 13th! Today the Missioni for Target line is was available in stores. I decided to get up early, peruse the website, and then hit my local target. I was most interested in the luggage (I bet resale would be double), potentially a beautiful throw, and maybe a few clothing items. This morning I checked the website and this is what I found.
It made me a little nervous. If the site was too busy, would the stores have anything? By the time I got there at 8:30 (store opened at 8) they had practically been cleaned out. All the vultures had come and gone. No luggage, toiletries, throws, adult shoes, and duvets. They had a few pieces of clothing left, a bunch of kids clothes and shoes, and the remnants of something great. It was like MAC lovers when a new iPhone is coming out except these were all women shopaholics. Yikes. 

I nabbed a few pieces but I may return them. I wasn't over-the-moon excited. When I was in the dressing room a few ladies were trying to take the stuff out of my cart! Vultures I tell you. The checkout guy said the website crashed as soon as the line was put up. He also mentioned he's never seen merchandise go that quickly. 

Did you get to Target in time? If so, I'd be curious to hear what you got. Maybe one of these limited edition bikes? :p 
Happy hunting!

1 comment: