Friday, May 11, 2012

San Jose del Cabo

Hey strangers. How was your week? Our week was heavenly. When mom picked us up from the airport yesterday she asked Blane and Josh what their favorite thing about the trip was and they both said "getting away". It was a weird trip - I have this nagging back situation and Aimee isn't at her best. People were staring at us left and right. Oh well. :/ But the weird looks and exhausting travel were worth it. 

We stayed in San Jose del Cabo. I didn't realize there are two main areas of Cabo - San Lucas and San Jose. San Lucas is where the cruise ships dock and the whole town is built around young and fun tourists. We were in San Jose. It's about 25 minutes away by taxi but a world away by any other standards. It was quiet, luxurious, and quite safe. It resembles nothing of the Mexico I know. In fact, I decided that East L.A. is more dangerous than this sleepy resort town. 

The desert oasis that greeted us.
Blane and I celebrating our free room upgrade. 
Blane's favorite meal - Habaneros. 
Poolside view
The restaurant we ate at on our quick jaunt to San Lucas.


Once we realized it was safe to go beyond the confines of our resort we taxi'ed it up. Blane always sat in the front and chatted with the drivers. Josh always sat next to me to steady me on turns and quick stops. 
The streets of San Jose del Cabo

The site of the fateful sunburn. 
Funny story, Blane was convinced that the pool would be cathartic for my back. I kept telling him I definitely could not go in the water. I explained I wouldn't be able to propel my legs forward or keep my back straight. One day at the pool he demonstrated by slowly backing into the pool and then suddenly jumping back into the water while keeping himself pencil straight. The splash was HUGE! Aimee and Josh were laughing so hard and shaking their heads while I looked on with utter horror. I can only imagine...
Tacos... yum. The food was delicious and cheap.
The local market had a huge Panaderia! We stocked up. 
Smoothies galore
Blane, Aimee, and Baby heading home. I love this picture. 
Overall, we had so much fun. I was worried about making it but God was watching out. I think it was all the worried moms and dads (and Leah) who prayed for our safety. =) I was able to lay down in both terminals before boarding, I had a whole row to myself on both legs of the flight so I laid down then too, the shuttle ride to the resort was only 15 minutes, our living room had a flat, sturdy but soft ottoman that worked for me, and the bed didn't bother me. It couldn't have worked out more. Plus my traveling companions kept my pace and weren't annoyed that we couldn't do much. I am so thankful.

I love being with Aimee and Blane is the most fun to be around. He had us laughing all week. They're now in baby mode, I'm starting physical therapy this week, and Josh is still enjoying his last days of freedom (he's on his annual guys family fishing trip as we speak).

And although it was so nice to get away it's also nice to be back.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment