Friday, May 25, 2012

Back to School

It's that time of year again - when teachers are (hopefully) working overtime to prepare for Back to School. Since I'm in town Aimee and I went to visit mom before hers last night. She always has the best projects and units going on and always goes big for the parents. She didn't disappoint. =) This year her focus was on insects.

This is a sample of each kid's desk. Their reports, a "self-published" book on butterflies, a review of the class. And then your typical 1st grade stuff - a life sized skunk, a ginormous moth, and ladybug wings. Just the bare necessities for life and proper insect lessons!

 In case you couldn't see inside the beehive here's a closer look. I think these kids know more than me about insects.

Even a lifesized tree with a non-lifesized chrysalis in the middle of the room. =)

No frontier left untouched = a lesson on cross pollination

Of course, a humongous dung beetle on the carpet. Of course.

 And one kid's joke that the whole class loved. 
I don't know how she has the energy to do it. I mean, it's like walking into another world in there! No wonder her kids like coming to school. Cool beans mom.

And P.S. Will you save all that teaching amazingness for my kids one day?

2 comments: