Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Airports Anyone?

Speaking of traveling (I'm sensing a theme here...I think my mind is already poolside), I have found in my somewhat limited travels that airports play an important role in the success of your comings and goings. They are the beginning and end of every major trip and therefore set the tone and leave the last impression.

Although I understand the burden of increased security in aging buildings, I have noticed that some airports fair better than others at handling the strain. Case in point, LAX. I do not understand how one of the greatest cities in the world can have one of the worst airports. You too, NY (shame on your guys) Some of my favorite airports are SF (they can't help the weather delays), Bangkok (so modern and spacious),  JFK (foodies delight) and the Southwest terminal at our very own San Jose Airport (super clean, efficient, and free wifi).

Travel and Leisure recently rated airports. The results were fascinating. I wasn't shocked that LAX placed second to last (spoiler alert - La Guardia took that honor) but the winners were somewhat surprising. Here's the complete list of Americas Best and Worst Airports. 

I don't have high hopes for Cabo's airport. I hear once you clear customs you are immediately assaulted with tons of people trying to sell you things. Sounds like the border. :/ We have already booked transportation to and from the airport through our resort. This way we can be assured that some drug lord's nephew doesn't pick us up, behead us, and hang us from the town's traffic light. Ahhh, counting down the days to pure bliss..

No comments:

Post a Comment