Tuesday, May 1, 2012

America's Best Public Markets

One of my favorite travel websites, Frommers, recently wrote about America's Best Public Markets. I love Public Markets because you can often find scrumptious goodies and regional specialty items. Out of the thirteen listed, I've only been to Seattle's Pike Place and Los Angeles' The Grove. 
One of the winners was the Oxbow Public Market in neighboring Napa, Ca. It's so close! They say there are tons of gourmet purveyors and local eateries. As soon as my back is feeling better, I want to head over there to try a Venezuelan sandwich and some homemade chocolate.
Cleveland's Westside Market also caught my eye. It has over 100 produce stands! We'd have to ship some of the meat from their amazing selection home as well as try some Middle Eastern baba ghanoush. Yum!
Have you been to any of these places? Have any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment