Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Few Words on Mom

I have learned a lot from my mom and, more recently, my new mom.

A few Sundays ago mom shared her testimony at church (Celebrate Recovery: Step 8). I cried listening to the podcast even though I already knew most of it. I admire my mom for her deep, deep faith, her care of people, her zest for life, and her desire to always learn and grow. She is quite discerning and if you let her she will make your relationship with Jesus stronger. She is also roll your eyes hilarious, impulsive shopper, chocolate eater, and a bonefide Southern Belle. Simply put, she brings life to life. These past 30 years she has taken me on a journey and much of her is in me and that makes me proud.

On the flip side, my mother-in-law is a private person. And my guess is she wouldn't appreciate a huge post about her so I will say only this - I've been with Josh almost six years now and in that time I've learned from her what it truly means to put your children first. There has not been one instance where she hasn't gone the distance for them (and now me). She is selfless, talented, and supportive. One day I want to be a mom like her.

To all you moms and soon-to-be mommies - Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment