Tuesday, November 12, 2013

95,700 Miles of Memories


We sold my car yesterday. :(

She was the first car that I researched, searched for, saved a tiny down payment for, and made all of the monthly payments for. That last payment was a victory and she was worth every penny. Her and I and 95,700 miles together. She's been with me through three jobs, one grad school, two guys, several tickets, one accident, and lots of moves. She rarely had a bad day.

In marriage you start with my stuff and his stuff. As the years go by you begin to lose the individuality of his and hers and the stuff becomes plural - our stuff. And while that's 99% well and good there's that 1% of me that feels a sense of loss.

Aimee heard that she was gone and reminded me of the night that I bought her. I was so excited that I drove down to Manhattan Beach to surprise her at work. When she walked out to the parking lot I couldn't contain myself and screamed! 

An epic trip to Ikea with a young Grace "helping". Here she's telling us "I got it." over and over. :)

Our first foray into traveling with an animal. Baby Brady wasn't content there and 10 minutes into the ride had found his way to my lap. 

That weird period of time when my back went out and I traveled lying down in the backseat. Car handled it like a G. :p

Our getaway vehicle at our wedding

Bye Friend!

Here's to new memories, our new memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment