Monday, November 11, 2013

One Day Young

I have that post I promised you, but I'm not sure my pride will let me post it. While I wrestle with that internally here's something safe and touching - this gal did a series of portraits of mothers with their one day old babies.

What struck me beyond the beauty of the photos is what the photographer said about her house visits:

I was completely surprised at the serenity I found at each house. You imagine mayhem, screaming and crying and drama, yet in reality, you are invited into the calmest space ever. It got me thinking that post birth is so misrepresented in our culture/media and this is unhelpful to women and new families. If you were told about this overwhelming calmness, women would feel reassured they would be able to cope.

My favorites:







No comments:

Post a Comment