Monday, November 4, 2013

A Split Second Epiphany In 6 Days of Euphoria

I don't know who this is, but i know it's not me. 

There was a period of time early on in this pregnancy where I was gloriously happy with my growing body. I would prance around naked telling Josh how amazing pregnancy is and how, strangely, I felt so gosh darn beautiful. (Sometimes I wish Josh would blog about his take on the same story. ha) I thought, there is nothing better for woman!

That euphoria lasted exactly 6 days.

By the 7th day the constipation and bloating set in and the glorious prancing ceased immediately.

For a split second I thought I was going to be one of those pregnant ladies who has an epiphany about carrying a child where they realize this is what they were born to do. All of life's fulfillment coming to fruition. They love every moment of those 9 months, relishing in the transformation and hoping it never ends. But alas, I have found that I am not one of those girls.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't complaining. Josh and I are thankful we could even get pregnant. And we'll probably try and do it again one day. But I don't enjoy the process as much as I desire the outcome. Truth be told, if I could Giuliana Rancic my way out of this I would. :p

And with that TMI, I leave you to your day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment