Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Bearded Lady

An excruciatingly embarrassing story to get you over hump day.

Last week I was brushing my teeth before going to bed when I noticed something in my reflection. I paused and I leaned forward with a quizzical look on my face. Then, in denial, I leaned forward again, hoping it wasn't real. I whispered out loud, "say it ain't so" before calling Josh to the bathroom in my typical frantic "JOSH!" way that no longer seems to elicit the same hurried concern it used to.

I seem to be growing ... facial hair. :/

There I said it. I cringe! Near my side burns there is an almost imperceivable fuzz on my face that I know was not there before. Josh, being the scientist that he is, was more intrigued than grossed out. In fact, this whole pregnancy is one giant case study for him. But, unlike him, I am disgusted! Where did my body go? Where did my normal face go?!

I had read that during pregnancy your hair turns lush and thick and wonderful. But nowhere had I read that you could also grow hair elsewhere. A quick google search confirmed that extra facial hair is in fact, a real symptom of pregnancy. The bad news, I have no idea if this is the extent of the growth (please let it stop, please). The good news, the unwanted hair is temporary and will disappear after the baby is born.

Can you imagine if it kept growing!?


God save me!

Since I've blogged about my distaste in people touching my stomach, a few brave souls thinking they deserve special privileges, have touched my stomach. The people who do it unknowingly, I cannot fault. But people who do it knowingly ... not cool.

Let me say this. Anyone, knowingly or unknowingly, who tries to rub the peach fuzz on my face will have to contend with one hormone induced pregnant woman.

Have a happy and (hopefully) hairless day. -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment