Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Subconscious Arm Protection Move

At church on Sunday one of the high school students touched my stomach. I lurched back in utter horror, UTTER HORROR.

Josh is the only one I feel comfortable touching that belly. Here is Melissa asking me if she can reach on in and my immediate gut reaction (note the subconscious arm protection move).


Am I crazy? The first time around people touched my sister's stomach all the time. Lots of moms did it so I just assumed that was normal. Now that it's my turn, I already know that feels too personal for my taste, almost intimate.

There's one lady at church who is a toucher and I make sure to maintain a 3 ft radius around her. People probably wonder why I'm suddenly shouting, "How was your week?" and "Oh, we're doing just great, thank you!"

I apologize if you were ever pregnant and I touched your stomach. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment