Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Silly Stories with J.J.

I am having a very tiny potluck at my apartment to say, "hey! we are so excited Aimee is having a girl let's eat together and talk about girl stuff!" It's low key but I decided to order invitations because Aimee loves stationary and no matter how simple, I still want it to be special.

So, I found these really cute (and very girly) invitations by Tiny Prints that I ordered. They came, I loved them, I addressed them, and I put them in my laundry basket. That sounds weird but I was going to Aimee's to babysit so I thought I'd do a load of laundry and then I'd stop by the post office on my way home.

So at Aimee's I go to throw the laundry in, not remembering the invitations, click on the normal cycle, shut the door, and walk away. Fifteen minutes later I am looking in my purse for the invitations and am hit with that awful sinking feeling realizing what I had done.

I RACED me and my belly over to the washer, shut it off, opened the door, and this is what greeted me.



IT WAS EVERYWHERE. Those invitations had completely disintegrated and taken over. My eyes couldn't have been bigger as I looked at it in horror. I texted Josh and he really freaked me out because he was concerned that I was going to clog their washing machine. Something I had not considered. I called Aimee but she didn't answer. I told myself to stay calm and mentally went through my rolodex of people to call. I landed on the perfect person, THE mom expert - my MIL, Sharon.

She gave me good advice and two hours later, 4 disposable chopsticks, a roll of paper towels, and 10 q-tips later, the clothes and the washing machine had survived. 

I left happy about the washer but devastated about the invitations. By the end of the night I had resigned myself to sending an Evite when Blane got wind of the situation. He called Tiny Prints right up and shared with the customer service guy my sob story. He told Blane, "Well, that's the first time I've heard THAT story." And then promptly said new ones would be delivered the following Wednesday, free of charge. 

Free of charge.

Getting something I don't deserve? Yup. Tiny Prints and customer service guy for the win. Geez, what the heck? I suppose I didn't believe in pregnancy brain until it happened to me. -_-

This is the end of Silly Stories with J.J. Now, please go order your Christmas cards from Tiny Prints. :p 


Remember that all good things - your possessions  your family and friends, your health and abilities, your time - are gifts from Me. Instead of feeling entitled to all these blessings, respond to them with gratitude. Be prepared to let go of anything I take from you, but never let go of my hand. - J.C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment