Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Good-bye Cyrus


Cyrus is Josh's family dog. He was originally meant as a guard dog for the family business but he proved to be afraid of the dark so he was at the family home more often than he wasn't.

Yesterday he had to be put down prematurely because of a brain lesion.

Cyrus had a vicious bark but was a gentle giant. We would go for walks together and he would run with Josh and I around the neighborhood. He was smart - he would rough house with Josh's brother but he wouldn't with me because he knew I didn't like it. Whenever I was in the yard he would stick to my side and when he heard our voices in the house he would come to the back door with his tail wagging, hoping we were going to go for a run or had a treat. He would often be dinner table entertainment as someone would recount one of his escapades, like escaping from the backyard only to end up by the front door. I've never been drawn to animals, but Cyrus taught me that you don't have to be afraid of dogs and in fact, sometimes they are the best companions in the world.

To Cyrus, thanks for loving me. I loved you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment