Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Whale of a Tale

Let's talk.

I am not one of those skinny pregnant girls. You know what I'm talking about. The ones who only gain weight in their stomaches. The ones who turn around and you can't actually tell they're pregnant. Yea, those girls. The ones every girl in America hopes she will be when the time comes. Like this girl.

Maternity dress
I am not one of those girls.

I think my hopes for a "pretty" pregnancy began to dissipate at Week 6 when the waist of my pants were already beginning to feel a little tight. You might be thinking, "you're pregnant, that's what is suppose to happen" but friends, let me tell you, according to all the books and all the online pregnancy tracking data, you aren't suppose to start feeling "snug" until Week 8 - and that's only in the chest area.

Week 10 "you may or may not be ready for maternity wear now".
I was ready three weeks ago lady!

Week 12 "you may already be into maternity clothes, especially if this isn't your first pregnancy. If you're still fairly small and not ready for maternity clothes, you've no doubt noticed that your waist is thickening and that you're more comfortable in loose, less restrictive clothing."
Wait, this IS my first pregnancy...and I'm already into maternity clothes..

Week 14 "The top of your uterus is a bit above your public bone which may be enough to push your tummy out a tad. Starting to show can be quite a thrill, giving you and your partner visible evidence of the baby you've been waiting for."
Um, STARTING to show!?!

At this rate I'm going to be a whale.


P.S. Please don't expect to see me after month 7. I'll be hiding my big arse indoors and away from prying eyes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment