Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/11


I remember where I was that morning. I was nineteen and living at my parents home. It was early but the phone was ringing. Someone alluded to an attack. I went to the living room and turned on the TV. As I watched the plume of smoke from the first tower my mind went numb. Then the second plane hit the second tower. The buildings fell.

My mom can remember exactly what she was doing when Kennedy was assassinated. In vivid detail. I think everyone in that generation can. And I'm sure it is the same for this generation. We all have that moment etched into our minds forever.

My heart hurts for those whose lives were forever altered by that day. May our nation be reminded this year and every year to bind together, rather than apart; to put aside our differences and reach the core of mankind, which is good and generous, kind and loving, thoughtful and selfless.

No comments:

Post a Comment