Saturday, September 6, 2014

For her. For me. For him. For us.

I blinked and a month went by without my daily devotion.

I know that because my bookmark was still on August 6. I should have known. The more independent I get from the Lord the more dependent I become on my self will, my way, my stubbornness, my emotions.

It seemed that the devo today spoke directly to me.

Do everything in dependence of Me. The desire to act independently - apart from me - springs from the root of pride. Self- sufficiency is subtle, insinuating its way into your thoughts and actions without you realizing it. But apart from me, you can do nothing: that is nothing of eternal value. My deepest desire for you is that you learn to depend on me in every situation. I move heaven and earth to accomplish this purpose, but you must collaborate with me in this training. Teaching you would be simple if I negated your free will or overwhelmed you with my power. However, I love you too much to withdraw the godlike privilege I bestowed on you as my image-bearer. Use your freedom wisely, by relying on me constantly. Thus you enjoy my presence and peace. - Jesus Calling

Now, more than ever, it is important for me to be in God's word. For her. For me. For him. For us.


No comments:

Post a Comment