Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cakes Turns 2!

Cole turned two while we were in Portland. Two!

I can't believe it. It feels like just yesterday I was holding my brand new little nephew in my arms. I can remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. It was in the afternoon and a small group of us were waiting to be let in the birthing room. When we were let in it was a hushed excitement and joyous anticipation. Aimee looked at me and asked if I wanted to hold him. I was overcome. The first one, what an honor! I started to move forward but before I could reach the bassinet my dad swooped in and picked him up. My moment..stolen! :p

It was love at first sight.

How time has flown. He has a wicked sense of humor and a large vocabulary. He can complete full sentences and can easily recall something that he did weeks prior. And while his favorite thing used to be eating, I would gander that coveted spot has been replaced by imaginary play and walking about. Here he is last weekend. Don't forget to turn up the sound.



He is no longer my Babycakes, just Cakes. And sometimes when he does something awfully wonderful, he's Sweet Cakes. Happy Birthday my little wonder. Auntie loves you this (arms reaching out as far as they can go) much!

No comments:

Post a Comment