Monday, September 8, 2014

The Mom's Club

I'm in a thankful kind of place.

Today I got to spend a few hours with a bunch of moms at MOPS and it was refreshing and fun. It was your typical women's gathering consisting of food, laughter, sharing, and some crying.

I wasn't planning on leaving the baby in the childcare house so I wasn't prepared emotionally and I kinda freaked out. She did just fine though. What. The baby can survive without me for a few hours? :p

Anyway, I'm thankful for these women, most of whom I can't remember their names and yet still I already have a deep appreciation for them. The candid conversation. The acceptance.

I think the Mom's Club can bind you to strangers faster than any other club. More than the Ethnicity Club or the Socioeconomic Club, the Age Club or the Gender Club. Access is immediate and membership is forever.

drop off / reunion

No comments:

Post a Comment