Thursday, November 5, 2015

Blue Apron Farewell

This week concludes our Blue Apron gift. It was wonderfully different and fun. The best thing is eating/cooking food you'd never eat and finding you enjoy it. Josh's favorite meal was an Indian Spiced Chicken Curry with Brown Rice and Tahini Sauce.

Tasty looking right? GAH.

I know it looks disgusting but it was delicious. 

Josh and I both felt that overall the price didn't justify continuing the subscription. Don't get me wrong, if you get this as a gift it is the best gift in the world. But I found the meal prep to be more time consuming than my normal dinners (most likely correlated with taste haha) and I was still grocery shopping for the little and the other nights of the week. 

Still, it was quite a treat for us and we enjoyed it immensely. I learned some new techniques and gained several recipes. We loved the different meals and can see how people could easily get addicted to the service. 

So that's a wrap on one of the best birthday gifts I've ever been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment