Monday, November 16, 2015

My Fear of Having Another Baby

I stumbled on this article today, "To moms of one or two children, from a mother of five".

Have a second to read it? Please do, otherwise the following babble will only seem like exactly that, lots of babble.

So here's the thing. I think many parents who are going from 1 to 2 often worry about how the first will do, how they will handle having to share time, how they will adapt. All valid concerns. But that is not what is gnawing away at my mind during the 2am, 4am, 5am bathroom trips. My biggest concern is that I won't be able to do it well. As it is, I feel stretched to the limit. I'm tired, all the time. Following through with washing my hair every other day is a struggle people. Yoga pants are my staple. Are you getting a clear picture? I kinda hope not. :p

If I have managed to end up with a clean house on top of pushing out three nutritious meals for three people every day, that is a successful day. 

By 9pm I am ready to get into bed. 

I look at other moms who have more kids than me and who seem to have energy and I always wonder how they do it. And then I look at myself and see just one little [albeit beautiful and perfect] kiddo. But still, just one. Can I do it? Am I just going to be one big crabby ball of unwashed, unshaved, emotional mess? 

So this Sarah Short and her infinite wisdom helped me to shift my mentality back to my God. In my weakness, He is strong. Yes. It can get easier, if I let God get bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment